The final responsibility for AIJ's policy lies with the General Assembly,
which meets in March and May every year. Legally appointed Representatives
of AIJ members and Officers (President, Vice-Presidents, Directors, Chairmen
of Chapters, and Auditors) have the right to participate and approve the
agenda. It is the General Assembly that discusses and determines the general
policy of AIJ. At the General Assembly held in May, new Officers of the
next term are appointed. The affairs of AIJ are managed on behalf of the
General Assembly by the meeting of AIJ Board of Directors. The AIJ Board
is appointed for a two-year period. The Board consists of the president
and five vice-presidents, 10 directors, nine chairmen of chapters and two
auditors, and one managing director.
The AIJ Secretariat, which is located in Tokyo, carries out administrative work under the supervision of the AIJ Secretary General.
AIJ has nine chapters by dividing Japan into the following nine regions; Hokkaido, Tohoku, Kanto, Tokai, Hokuriku, Kinki, Chugoku, Shikoku and Kyushu.
Geographic Location of AIJ Chapters
Addresses of AIJ Chapters
- Hokkaido Chapter: Daiya building 2F, 7-2, Odouri Nishi, Chuo-ku, Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido, 060-0042
- Tohoku Chapter: 1-5-15, Uesugi, Aoba-ku, Sendai-shi, Miyagi 980-0011
- Kanto Chapter: 5-26-20, Shiba, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8414
- Tokai Chapter: Showa building 5F, 4-3-26, Sakae, Naka-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi 460-0008
- Hokuriku Chapter: Park Side building 3F, 15-1, Tamagawa-cho, Kanazawa-shi, Ishikawa 920-0863
- Kinki Chapter: Osaka Science Technology Center, 1-8-4, Honmachi, Nishi-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka 550-0004
- Chugoku Chapter: Hiroshimaken Joho Plaza 5F, 3-7-47, Senda-machi, Naka-ku, Hiroshima-shi, Hiroshima 730-0042
- Shikoku Chapter: 303, Research Center, Kochi University of Technology, 185, Miyanoguchi, Tosayamada, Kami-shi, Kochi 782-8502
- Kyushu Chapter: Fukuoka-Kensetsukaikan 6F, 3-14-18, Hakataeki Higashi, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka-shi, Fukuoka 812-0013
Research Committees of AIJ, about 600 sub-committees and working groups under the 16 standing research committees promote research activities and more than 8,000 members participate in committee activities. More than 2,500 committee meetings are held annually. Special Research Committees carry out research contracts awarded to AIJ by national, regional and local governments, public corporations and enterprises. The results of the research and work are published in the form of reports, technical standards, specifications and textbooks and presented in symposia and lectures not only to its members but also those who related to architectural professions and members of the general public interested in architecture. AIJ conducts cutting-edge research in our research division. (See the diagram below)
The diagram shows the organizational structure of AIJ.
>> PDF Version