Grand Prize of AIJ 1997
Contribution to Research and Development in the Fields of
Earthquake Engineering and Geotechnical Engineering
- Yorihiko OHSAKI, Professor Emeritus, University of Tokyo
- Ohsaki Research Institute Inc.
Achievement in Architectural Designing Based on an Integrated Comprehension of
Architecture in Relation to Cities and in the Field of Public
Activities and Educational Contributions as a Professor of City Planning
- Sachio OTANI, Professor Emeritus, University of Tokyo
Prize of AIJ 1997
Hysteretic Behavior of Earthquake Resisting Elements and Seismic Design of Steel Frames
- Kazuo INOUE, Osaka University
Studies of Process Technology and Properties of Polymer-Modified Cementitious Composites
- Yoshihiko OHAMA, Nihon University
Numerical Simulation of Flow, Temperature and Contaminant Diffusion Fields in Rooms
- Shinsuke KATO, University of Tokyo
Research on Reliability and Advancement of On-Line Computer Controlled Testing
- Masayoshi NAKASHIMA, Disaster Prevention Research Institute, Kyoto University
Studies on Nonlinear FEM Analysis of Concrete Structures and Its Application
- Hiroshi NOGUCHI, Chiba University
Studies on Methods of Land Use Planning
- Satoshi HAGISHIMA, Kyushu University
Environment Behavior Studies on Urban and Architectural Spaces in Regard to Wayfinding
- Kunio FUNAHASHI, Osaka University
Architectural Design for Thermal Environment in Consideration of Random Fluctuation of External Climates
- Shuichi HOKOI, Kyoto University
A Series of Studies on Analyses of Dynamic Boundary Value Problems Related to Soil Medium
- Masato MOTOSAKA, Tohoku University
Studies on the History of French Modern Architecture
- Koichi YOSHIDA, Yokohama National University
Noh Stage in the Forest
- Kengo KUMA, Kengo Kuma & Associates
Chiba Municipal Utase Elementary School
- Kazuhiro KOJIMA, Science University of Tokyo, Coelacanth Architects Inc.
- Kazumi KUDO, Coelacanth Architects Inc.
- Masao KOIZUMI, Coelacanth Architects Inc.
- Hiroshi HORIBA, Coelacanth Architects Inc.
Sagishima Project Ring Experience in Material No.37
- Ryoji SUZUKI, Ryoji Suzuki Architect and Partners
Aichi Children's Center
- Mitsuru SENDA, Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Hisao FUJIKAWA, Aichi Institute of Technology
Development of Technologies for Realization of Izumo-Dome and Series of New-Facilities with Single-Membrane
- Yukio SANO, Kajima Corporation
- Shigeru BAN, Kajima Corporation
- Shin HAYAKAWA, Kajima Corporation
His Distinguished Long Activities for the Improvement in the Field of Architectural Journalism
- Keiichi TAIRA, Editor of ZOKEI, Kenchiku-Shicho Kenkyujyo Ltd.
The Restoration of Historical Structures in Syurijo
- Okinawa Developing Agency, Okinawa General Bureau, the Division of Development Construction
- Housing Urban Development
- Parks and Open Space Association of Japan
- Kuniken Ltd.
Yebisu Garden Place
- Kenzo EDAMOTO, Sapporo Breweries Ltd.
- Kouichi SAITO, Housing and Urban Development Corporation
- Kiyoshi SAKURAI, Kume Sekkei
The Design of Sun-Dome Fukui Inspired by the Extreme Snowfall and the Traditional Local Building Materials and Practices
- Shigeyuki OKAZAKI, Kyoto University
- Mamoru KAWAGUCHI, Hosei University
- Building and Repairs Division, Fukui Prefectural Government
- Cooperative Fukui Architectural Design Administrative Association
Encouragement Prize of AIJ 1997
A Study on the Comparison of Preservation Systems for Historical Environment between Japan and Taiwan -Focusing on Cultural Property Correlated Laws-
- Satoshi ASANO, Mie University
Study on the Design Method of Ventilation System in Kitchen
-Forced Air Supply from the Vicinity of Gas Cooking Stove or Exhaust Hood-
- Ying YU, Daiwa House Industry Co. Ltd.
Basic Examination on Cross-Ventilation Rates of Single Unit Models by Numerical Simulation
- Ping HE, Sanken Setsubi Kogyo Co. Ltd.
Implicit Integration Scheme Based on Initial Stress Method for Substructure On-Line Test
- Makoto KANDA, Nihon University
The Actual Condition of Dispersed Residence and the Formation of Residential Network in Modern Family
- Jeong Kyun KIM, Tohoku University
Experiment of Tracing Deformation Path for Contribution of Steel and Concrete in Concrete-Filled Steel Tube
- Takanori SATO, Shimizu Corporation
A Study on Selecting the Promotion Areas for District Cogeneration in Tokyo 23 Wards
- Satoru SADOHARA, Yokohama National University
A Study on Characteristic of Reinforced Concrete Spandrels-Beam-Columns Typed Frames with Structural Slits
Part IV Evaluation of Maximum Lateral Load and Displacement and Failure Mode of Spandrel-Columns
- Shinichi SHIOYA, Kagoshima University
A Study on the Characteristics of the Utilization and Architectural Guidelines of Hospice and Palliative Care Facility
A Study on the Architectural Planning of Palliative Care Facility Part 2
- Kenji TAKEMIYA, National Institute of Health Service Management
Study on Relationship between Compressive Strength and Modulus of Elasticity of High-Strength Concrete
- Takafumi NOGUCHI, University of Tokyo, University of California
Structural Optimization Analysis of Highrise Building by Using the Thin-Walled Beam Theory Considering Shear Effect Study on Structural Analysis of a Highrise Building by the Thin-Walled Beam Theory (Part 3)
- Daiji FUJII, Hiroshima University
Studies on the Planning of Pompeian Houses
-Some Relations Between the Social Structure and the Planning in Ancient Roman Houses-
- Yoshiki HORI, The Paleological Association of Japan
Dynamic Stability Analysis of Elastic Rod with Damping Terms under Nonconservative Forces
- Toshio HONMA, Fujita Corporation.
Transition of Sitting Posture over Time
A Study on the Dynamics of Sitting Posture Considered from Man-Environment Setting Part1
- Hidetoshi WATANABE, Mukogawa Women's University Junior College Division
Annual Architectural Design Commendations 1997
Natori City Funeral Hall
- Shoichi HARIU, Shoichi Hariu Architect & Associates
- Atsushi KITAGAWARA, Atsushi Kitagawara Architects, Inc.
Konami Nasu Seminar House
- Kiyoshi SAKURAI, Nikken Sekkei Ltd.
- Teruo YOKOTA, Nikken Sekkei Ltd.
- Fumio NOHARA, Nikken Sekkei Ltd.
- Hiroshi KUROKI, Nikken Sekkei Ltd.
Sagamihara City Museum
- Tadahiro TOH, Archivision Architect & Associates
- Yutaka HONDA, Archivision Architect & Associates
Chiba Municipal Utase Elementary School
- Kazuhiro KOJIMA, Coelacanth Architects, Science University of Tokyo
- Kazumi KUDO, Coelacanth Architects
- Masao KOIZUMI, Coelacanth Architects
- Hiroshi HORIBA, Coelacanth Architects
- Tsutomu SHIGEMURA,Team Zoo Atelier Iruka, Kobe University
Osaka World Trade Center Building ( Cosmo Tower )
- Toshinori TERAMOTO, Nikken Sekkei Ltd.
- Satoshi EZOE, Nikken Sekkei Ltd.
- Chitoshi KIHARA, Chitoshi Kihara Architects and Associates
- Etsuo TANDA, Architect Office Kukan
Haizuka Elementary School
- Yoshiyuki NISHIMIYA, Yoshiyuki Nishimiya & Associates, Architects
Kohno No Ochaya Kakurintei
- Kiyonori MIISHO, S.I.T., Alsed
- Yasuhiko OKURA, Alsed
- Masao HAYAKAWA, M.Hayakawa Architect and Associates
- Tadashi YOKOYAMA, University of Tokyo
- Terukazu TAKESHITA, Kyusyu University
- Masato HIROSE, Keikaku Inc.
The Appreciation Prize of AIJ 1997
Achievement of Outstanding Technical and Enthusiastic Contribution to Modernization of Stonework
- Tugio ORITO
Achievements in the Development of Architectural Design Theory and Practice in the Information Age as well as Worldwide Promotion of CAD Education
- William John MITCHELL, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Achievements in Developing Mutual Understanding among Architects in the World Through Publications of His Pictures and Articles on the Architecture
- Yukio FUTAGAWA, Photographer, Publisher