Grand Prize of AIJ 2007
Grand prizes are presented to individual
members whose achievements contribute to the advancement
of architecture and building engineering.
- Achievements of forming the architectural planning theory and rendering academic exchange services in East Asia
- AOKI Masao, Professor Emeritus, Kyushu University
- Development and Innovation of Seismic Design of Reinforced Concrete Buildings and International Dissemination of The Developed Technologies
- AOYAMA Hiroyuki, Professor Emeritus, The University of Tokyo
Prize of AIJ 2007
The prizes of AIJ are presented to
individual members for remarkable achievements made in
the categories of research theses, architectural design,
building engineering and specific contributions in
architecture (e.g., town development, preservation of old
architecture, technical development).
- Studies on rain excluding construction of building envelopes
- ISHIKAWA Hirozo, Professor, Tokai University
- A chain study on urban formation-and-planning history and architect's activities in the area of Hiroshima mainly
- ISHIMARU Norioki, Professor, Hiroshima International University
- The Study on the Relation of Human to Water Environmental System
- KUROYANAGI Akio, Professor, Nihon University
- History of Domestic Architecture of Europe - Stone Culture versus Wood Culture
- GOTO Hisashi, Guest Professor, Waseda University
- Study of Self-built Housing and Community Preservation within Post-earthquake Housing Reconstruction
- SHIOZAKI Yoshimitsu, Professor, Kobe University
- Study and Improvement of Buckling Behaviors of Steel Frames Subjected to Large Earthquakes
- TADA Motohide, Associate Professor, Osaka University
- Simulation and prediction of strong ground motions in wide period range based on physics of the asperity model
- DAN Kazuo, Deputy General Manager, Shimizu Corporation
- A series of studies on the development of prediction and control methods of the gaseous pollution in indoor environment
- NOZAKI Atsuo, Professor, Tohoku Bunka Gakuen University
- Study on Seismic Performance Evaluation of Buildings under Strong Ground Motions
- HAYASHI Yasuhiro, Professor, Kyoto University
- A Series of Studies on Safety Design for Built-environment
- YOSHIMURA Hidemasa, Professor, Osaka Institute of Technology
Architectural Design Division
- Chino Cultural Complex
- FURUYA Nobuaki, NASCA/ Professor, Waseda University
Building Engineering Division
- Development and implementation of partially-floating seismic isolation system
- OHYAMA Takumi, Group Leader, Institute of Technology, Shimizu Corporation
- SARUTA Masaaki, Senior Research Engineer, Institute of Technology, Shimizu Corporation
- HORI Tomihiro, Deputy General Manager, Design Division, Shimizu Corporation
- TSUCHIYA Hiroaki, Design Division, Shimizu Corporation
- Development and realization of technology for measurement and evaluation of slip resistance of building floors
- ONO Hidenori, Professor, Tohoku Institute of Technology
- 3D-CAD Activated Thermal Simulation Tool For Supporting Outdoor Space Design
- HOYANO Akira, Professor, Tokyo Institute of Technology
- ASAWA Takashi, Chief Engineer, A&A Co.,Ltd.
- NAKAOHKUBO Kazuaki, Tokyo Institute of Technology
- OHKOUCHI Katsuji, Executive Engineer, A&A Co.,Ltd.
Specific Contributions Division
- Supporting work of the school construction in Nepal
- AAF (Asian Architecture Friendship)
- Preservation and Revitalization of International House of Japan
- International House of Japan
- Special Investigating Committee for Preservation and Rejuvenation of International House of Japan Building
- Mitsubishi Jisho Sekkei Inc.
- SHIMIZU CORPORATION
- The development of the inter-disciplinarity between architectural planning and real estate system through the implementation of Skeleton-Infill Leasehold Housing.
- KOBAYASHI Hideki, Professor, Chiba University
- HONMA Hirobumi, Deputy, The Center of Skeleton-Infill Leasehold Housing
- JOSHIN’ETSU KOGEN NATIONAL PARK KAZAWA NATURE TRAILS
- HIRAKURA Naoko, NAOKO HIRAKURA ARCHITECT & ASSOCIATES
- HATA Keiko, NAOKO HIRAKURA ARCHITECT & ASSOCIATES
- Nature Conservation Bureau, The Ministry of the Environment
- Environmental/forest bureau, Gunma prefecture
The Prize of AIJ
The Prize of the AIJ for Education is awarded for excellent achievements concerning architectural education by its members, which have contributed to the advancement of architectural education. It consists of the Award for Distinguished Achievement for work which bore fruit following years of activity, while making an outstanding contribution to the advancement of architectural education as well as society (one work), and the Award for Outstanding Practice for work concerning educational programs/instructional materials (four works).
- Award for
- Contribution to Internationalization
of Architectural and Engineering Education
- SHIBATA Takuji, Professor Emeritus,
Hokkaido University/ Hokkaido Institute of Technology
- CONTRIBUTION TO INNOVATION OF
STRUCTURAL EDUCATION IN JAPAN BY BOOKS AND TRANSLATIONS
- MOCHIZUKI Shigeru, Professor
Emeritus, Musashi Institute of Technology
- Award for
- A Textbook and Educational Computer
Software for Elementary Structural Mechanics
- ICHINOSE Toshikatsu, Professor,
Nagoya Institute of Technology
- Aiming at the education connected
- INABA Minoru, Chairman, Toyama
International College of Crafts & Arts
- Experimental Architectural Education
to Nurture Inventive Mind − Attempt at Education for Creative
Students Combining Architectural Space and Structure
- SAITOH Masao, Professor, Nihon
- OKADA Akira, Professor, Nihon
- MIYASATO Naoya, part-time lecturer,
Nihon University/ Structural Design PLUS ONE Inc.
- Self-build Project ：An Approach to
Architecture Education Program
- MISAWA Fumiko, Professor, Gifu
Academy of Forest Science and Culture
- Practice of the model teaching
materials at the basics stage of architectural education
- MORINAGA Chitoshi, Assoc.Prof.,
Kyushu Polytechnic College
- KYOMURE Minoru, Assoc.Prof., Kyushu
Prize of AIJ 2007
Encouragement prizes are presented for
excellent research done by regular members under 40 years
- Development of flat-plate test chamber and measurement of mass accommodation coefficient of Ozone
- ITO Kazuhide, Associate Arofessor, Kyushu University
- A METHOD FOR ANALYZING ROTATION AT THE BASE OF REINFORCED CONCRETE MEMBER CONSIDERING SINKING AND PULLOUT
- IMAI Kazumasa, Research Engineer, Technology Center, Taisei Corporation
- A STUDY ON THE STRUCTURE OF THE SPACE OF KOFU CASTLE CITY UNDER THE DIRECT CONTROL OF THE TOKUGAWA SHOGUNATE -Through an analysis of the samurai residential area-
- IWAMOTO Kaoru, Assistant Professor, Kyoto Institute of Technology
- BENDING STRENGTH OF BEAM JOINTS FASTENED BY HIGH STRENGTH BOLTS AT ELEVATED TEMPERATURES
- OZAKI Fuminobu, COE Post Doctoral Researcher, Tokyo University of Science
- The Case Study of Living for ALS Patients and Their Families as a Place for Long Term Convalescent Care.
- KAMEYA Emiko, Research Assoc., Dept. of Civil Engineering, Kobe City College of Technology
- A study on the concept of “twinphenomena” in Aldo van Eyck’s architectural thought -Through his treatises on the Dogon villages
- KUTSUKI Yoshitsuna, Research Associate, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University
- A STUDY ON THE WASTING OF RURAL SPATIAL MANAGEMENT IN SUBURBAN AREA AND THE ISSUES OF LANDUSE REGULATION A case study of ‘T’ settlement, in the Z Town, CHIBA prefecture
- SAITO Yukihiko, Associate Professor, Chiba University
- COMPARISON OF HEAT BALANCE MECHANISMS IN TYPICAL SUMMER DAYSAT CENTRAL PARTS OF THREE PACIFIC CITIES, TOKYO, SENDAI, AND HARAMACHI -(Part1) Evaluation of regional characteristics of heat island based on climatic analysis -
- SASAKI Kiyoshi, Research Engineer, Institute of Technology, Shimizu Corporation
- Experimental Verification for Evaluating Method of Nonlinear Behavior of Shear Deformation for Reinforced Concrete Columns
- SUGIMOTO Kuniyoshi, Deputy-Manager, Technical Research Institute, Obayashi Corporation
- Correlation between spatial utilization of staff and qualitative characteristics of care in group-living
- SUZUKI Kenji, Associate Professor, Kagoshima University
- ESTIMATING BALANCED SALES AREAS OF RETAIL TRADE WITH CONSIDERATION INVESTMENT THEORY
- ZHAO Shichen, Associate Professor, Kyushu University
- Regional Characteristics Transition of Winter Thermal Performance and Occupants' Behavior of Detached Houses in Tohoku City Area for 20 Years
- HASEGAWA Kenichi, Associate Professor, Akita Prefectural University
- Opinions of Governmental Officials: On Building Administration to the Kenchikushi Law for Architects & Building Engineers. -A Study on Enactment Process of the Kenchikushi Law for Architects & Building Engineers Part1-
- HAYAMI Kiyotaka, Postdoctoral Fellow, Institute of Industrial Science, the University of Tokyo
- Hydration Model of Portland Cement
- MARUYAMA Ippei, Associate Professor, Graduate School of Environmental Studies, Nagoya University
- PREDICTION AND DESIGN OF MECHANICAL FIRE RESISTANCE OF JAPANESE TRADITIONAL WOOD/SOIL WALLS BY COMPRESSION TESTS OF WOOD POSTS
- YASUI Noboru, Visiting Researcher, Advanced Research Institute for Science and Engineering, Waseda University
Annual Architectural Design
Annual architectural Design commendations
are presented for excellent architectural designs
selected from the "Selected Architectural Designs of
the Architectural Institute of Japan."
GUNMA KOKUSAI ACADEMY|
UNO Susumu, CAｎ/ Associate Professor, DAIDO INSTITUTE of TECHNOLOGY
KOJIMA Kazuhiro, CAｔ/ Professor,Tokyo University of Science
AKAMATSU Kazuko, CAｔ
NAKATA Katsuo, K.Nakata&Associates
TAKAMA Saburo, SCIENTIFIC AIR-CONDITIONING INSTITUTE
UENO Jun, Professor,Tokyo Metropolitan Univ.
YANAGISAWA Kaname, Associate Professor,Chiba University,Faculty of Engineering
Hyogo Performing Arts Center|
EZOE Satoshi, Design Principal, Design Department, Nikken Sekkei Ltd.
KABUTO Katsuyuki, Field Engineer, Construction Administration Department, Nikken Sekkei Ltd.
Open Ended House|
KOIZUMI Masao, KOIZUMI atelier/ Tokyo Metropolitan University
KUROKAWA Yasutaka, Mejiro Studio
Re-tem Corporation Tokyo Factory|
SAKAUSHI Taku, associate professor,Shinshu Univ.
NAKASHIMA Takeshi, O.F.D.A.
KANEBAKO Yoshiharu, President,Kanebako Structural Engineers
Takenaka Corporation Tokyo Main Office|
SUGA Junji, General Manager,Building Design Section,Building Design Department,TAKENAKA CORPORATION
MIZUNO Yoshiki, Manager,Architectural Design Section, Building Design Department,TAKENAKA CORPORATION
ITO Hiroki, Manager,Building Design Section,Building Design Department,TAKENAKA CORPORATION
MATSUSHIGE SECOND GYMNASIUM|
TAKEHARA Yoshiji, MOO ARCHITECT WORKSHOP
Nagasaki Prefectural Art Museum|
CHIDORI Yoshinori, Excutive Officer General Maneger,Urban+Architectural Design Div.,NIHON SEKKEI, INC
KUMA Kengo, Principal,Kengo Kuma & Associates
KOGA Dai, Senior Architect, NIHON SEKKEI, INC.
ICHIMARU Takahiru, Senior Architect,NIHON SEKKEI, INC.
DAITO BUNKA UNIVERSITY ITABASHI CAMPUS|
NAKAMURA Ben, BEN NAKAMURA AND ASSOCIATES INC., Professor,Monotsukuri Institute of Technologists.
YAMAMOTO Keisuke, YAMAMOTO HORI ARCHITECTS/ Professor,Department of Architecture Tokyo Denki University
HORI Keiji, YAMAMOTO HORI ARCHITECTS/ Associate Professor,Department of Art＆Design Architecture Laboratory,Kyoritsu Women's University
Chino Cultural Complex|
FURUYA Nobuaki, Professor,Waseda University
YAGI Sachiko, NASCA
HIRANO Kohji, Space Factory
SHIKANO Yasushi, Shikano Yasushi Atelier
MIURA Takenori, NASCA
YOKOSUKA SOGO HIGH SCHOOL|
FUNAKOSHI Tohru, President,ARCOM
Photo:KOKYU MIWA ARCHITECTUAL PHOTOGRAPH LABOLATORY
MABUCHI MOTOR HEADQUARTERS|
MAEDA Keisuke, IBM Japan.
IWASA Yoshihisa, IBM Japan.
MASUMURA Shoji, Senior Project Manager,NIHON SEKKEI, INC.
OTSUBO Toru, NIHON SEKKEI,INC.
KURIHARA Takuya, NIHON SEKKEI,INC.
Photo:Naru Architectual Photograph Office
Appreciation Prize of AIJ 2007
Appreciation prizes are presented to non-members
for excellent contributions to architecture.
- Introduction of technical insists into highly qualified design of Sukiya-style architecture and leadership in the re-evaluation of structural and fire safety performance of Kyoto-style traditional Townhousees
- Remarkable achievements on Urban Conservation Machizukuri based on Kurokabe Company in Nagahama
- The creation of an important and original film and video record of traditional houses, settlements, lifestyles and environment.