- Research Committee on Building Materials and Construction Procedure
- Research Committee on Structures
Managing Committee on Steel Structures
Structures Managing Committee on RC Structures
Managing Committee on Shell & Spatial Structures
Structures Managing Committee on Boxed Frame Structures
- Research Committee on the History and Theory of Architecture
- Research Committee on Fire Safety
- Research Committee on Architecture System and Management
- Research Committee on Environmental Engineering
- Research Committee on Building Legislation
- Research Committee on Architectural Education
- Research Committee on Urban Planning and Design
Local City Sub-Committee
- Research Committee on Architectural Planning and Design
Sub-Committee on Life Safety Design
Open Building Sub Committee
- Research Committee on Rural Planning and Design
- Research Committee on Off-Shore Engineering and Architecture
- Research Committee on Information Systems Technology
- Research Committee on School Building
- Research Committee on Earthquake Disaster
- Research Committee on Global Environment
Statements & Proposals
- Returning to Origin of Architecture Restoration and Renovation of Our Living Environment In Response to the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake Disaster (First-Stage Summary and Recommendations) (September 2011)
- DECLARATION for ARCHITECTURE and URBAN ENVIRONMENT (September 2011)
- Guidelines for Building Assessment, Preservation and Utilization (March 2007)
- Proposal for Urban Heat Island Reduction Strategies (July 2005)
- Action Plans for Promoting Lifestyles with Contributions to Global Warming Mitigation (July 2005)
- A Proposal for Improvement in the Method of Selecting Public Building Designers (September 2003)
- Seven Proposals for the Creation of a Good Architecture and Environment (March 2003)
- Proposal for an Ideal Japanese Architectural Design Education (March 2003)
- Joint Statement by AIJ, AIK and ASC (September 2002)
- Proposal for the Regeneration of the Townscape of Kyoto (June 2002)
- Architectural Charter for Healthy Indoor Air (May 2002)
- Indoor Air Chemical Pollution Research for Healthy Living Environment (January 2002)
- Architectural Charter for a Global Environment Application Guidelines
- Reform of Holistic Architectural Education in Japan (September 2000)
- Architectural Charter for a Global Environment (June 2000)
- Action Plan for the Global Environment
- A View of the AIJ on the "UIA Accord on Recommended International Standards of Professionalism in Architectural Practice" and an attached document "Recommended Guidelines for the Accord Policy on Accreditation/Validation/Recognition" (October 1998)
- Joint Statement by AIJ, AIK and ASC (September 1998)
- AIJ Prizes 1999
- Prize of AIJ for Design, 1999
- Annual Architectural Design Commendation of AIJ, 1999
AIJ awards great achievements every year to promote the advancement and development of the science, technology and art related to architecture and to heighten architectural quality in Japan. Each prize has its own criteria for awarding achievements.
The Grand Prize of Architectural Institute of Japan
Grand prizes are presented to individual members whose achievements contribute to the advancement of architecture and building engineering.
Prizes of Architectural Institute of Japan
(1) The Prize of Architectural Institute of Japan for Research Thesis
(2) The Prize of Architectural Institute of Japan for Design
(3) The Prize of Architectural Institute of Japan for Engineering
(4) The Prize of Architectural Institute of Japan for Specific Contribution
AIJ awards prizes to individual members for remarkable achievements made in the categories of research theses, architectural design, building engineering and specific contributions in architecture (e.g., town development, preservation of old architecture, technical development).
The Prize of AIJ for Education
The Prize of the AIJ for Education is awarded for excellent achievements concerning architectural education by its members, which have contributed to the advancement of architectural education. It consists of the Award for Distinguished Achievement for work which bore fruit following years of activity, while making an outstanding contribution to the advancement of architectural education as well as society (one work), and the Award for Outstanding Practice for work concerning educational programs/instructional materials (four works).
The Encouragement Prize of Architectural Institute of Japan
These prizes are presented for excellent research done by regular members under 40 years old.
The Annual Architectural Design Commendation of Architectural Institute of Japan
These commendations are presented for excellent architectural designs selected from the "Selected Architectural Designs of the Architectural Institute of Japan."
The Appreciation Prize of Architectural Institute of Japan
AIJ awards these prizes to non-members for excellent contributions to architecture.
The AIJ Prize for Design and Annual Architectural Design Commendation
The AIJ Prize for Design
The Prize of the Architectural Institute of Japan for Design, established in 1949, is the oldest and most prestigious award given to architectural designs in Japan. The prize is given to outstanding architectural designs (including landscapes, interiors, etc.) completed in recent years which have a high standard from both social and cultural standpoints, and which contribute to the comprehensive development of technique and art. The prize is given to at most three-designs annually. No one shall receive the prize; if designs are not worth awarded.
Annual Architectural Design Commendation of AIJ
AIJ has published the "Selected Architectural Design of AIJ" annually since 1989 in order to announce excellent works designed by AIJ members. Those works are eligible, and are selected by the Editorial Committee of the AIJ Journal of Selected Architectural Designs. The condition of application is that a work should have been completed more than one but less than three years before submission. Every year approximately 250 works are submitted and about 60 works get published. "Annual Architectural Design Commendations of AIJ," established in 1995, are awards given to superior works among the "Selected Architectural Design of AIJ."
Journal of Asian Architecture and Building Engineering
JAABE Best Paper Award
This award is presented to outstanding papers published in this journal by the Architectural Institute of Japan, Architectural Institute of Korea and Architectural Society of China, and is given to a maximum of four papers (not more than one per field) once a year and announced in every May issue.